CANVax is collaborating with The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) to provide webinars and video resources in order to support health care provider learning on topics related to vaccine confidence and guidance.
Register for upcoming webinars on this page. See below for the registration link in each session’s description. Webinars are live, recorded, include a moderated Q&A, and are available in English and French.
Past webinar recordings and additional webcast resources are posted below on this page and on CPHA’s YouTube page.
Looking for the previously recorded PHAC webinars, in collaboration with the National Collaborating Center for Infectious Diseases (NCCID)? You can find the webinars posted below on this page or on their webpage.
Upcoming Live Webinars
Stay tuned for future webinars!
PHAC Webinar Recordings and Webcasts
WEBCAST: Implementing the CARD system to support vaccination in practice: Experiences from the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
August 29, 2022
Duration: 15 minutes
This webcast will provide health care professionals with strategies and approaches for implementing CARD in their practice or clinic by sharing practical examples of how CARD has been implemented by the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH).
June 1, 2022
Duration: 45 minutes
This webinar will cover elements such as the program’s purpose, eligibility criteria and processes. Health care professionals will be able to utilize the knowledge acquired through this webinar to inform clients and support those who appear to have suffered from a serious and permanent vaccine injury in submitting their claim.
May 10, 2022
Duration: 18 minutes
This webcast offers health care providers an overview of the clinical evidence and National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) recommendations for the use of Novavax Nuvaxovid™ and Medicago Covifenz® COVID-19 vaccines recently authorized in Canada.
WEBCAST: Needle fear, pain and vaccines: Introduction to the CARD system as a framework for vaccination delivery
April 20, 2022
Duration: 40 minutes
Learn about contributors to stress-related reactions during vaccination and evidence-based strategies to improve the vaccine experience for people receiving vaccines and those who support them.
March 17, 2022
Duration: 57 minutes
This webinar discusses the challenges to vaccine confidence for individuals and families who are pregnant, considering pregnancy or lactating and identifies strategies for building vaccine confidence among pregnant families, new parents, and those who intend to become pregnant.
March 10, 2022
Duration: 28 minutes
This webcast provides the latest evidence on the impacts of COVID-19 during pregnancy, and the safety and effectiveness of COVID-19 mRNA vaccines during pregnancy and lactation, and among those planning to become pregnant.
December 3, 2021
Duration: 10 minutes
This webcast identifies who should receive an additional dose of the basis of immunocompromised as per the recommendations of the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) and how to discuss with patients the need and potential impact of an additional dose on their level of protection.
November 24, 2021
Duration: 1 hour
This webcast provides an overview of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine for children 5-11 years of age and its use and administration, as well as timing of the concurrent vaccination programs this fall and winter.
November 15, 2021
Duration: 30 minutes
This webinar explains the October 22nd, 2021 guidance from the National Advisory Committee on Immunization regarding reimmunization of people with previous severe immediate allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) following COVID-19 vaccines or to their components or container.
June 21, 2021
Duration: 58 minutes
This webinar provides evidence for interchangeability of COVID-19 vaccines, including preclinical evidence, safety assessments and immunogenicity data, and outlines the NACI recommendations for interchangeability of authorized COVID-19 vaccines.
Past PHAC Webinars in collaboration with National Collaborating Center for Infectious Diseases (NCCID)
- COVID-19 Vaccine for Pediatric Use in Canada (December 14, 2021)
- PHAC Webinar for Health Care Providers: Seasonal Influenza Immunization 2021-2022 (October 27, 2021)
- PHAC: COVID-19 Variants and Vaccines (June 23, 2021)
- Addressing COVID-19 Vaccine Hesitancy in Clinical Practice (May 19, 2021)
- Recommendations of the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) on Extended Dose Intervals and Effectiveness of COVID-19 Vaccines (May 5, 2021)
- PHAC: COVID-19 Vaccine Emerging Issues Webinar: Vaccine-induced Immune Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia (VITT) (April 21, 2021)
- COVID-19 Vaccines Emerging Issues: Delayed Injection Site Reactions (March 11, 2021)
- COVID-19 Vaccines Planning for Immunization Clinics (March 1, 2021)
- PHAC: COVID-19 Vaccines Foundational Webinar (February 23, 2021)
- Emerging Issues on COVID-19 Vaccines: Allergies, Anaphylaxis and Low Dead Volume Syringes (February 10, 2021)
- Recommendations of the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) on the use of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine (December 30, 2020)
- Recommendations of the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI) on the use of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine (December 18, 2020)